Piano Lessons Policy
Piano Lessons Policy
- Lessons are offered weekly from September to July, with various breaks for the Holiday season.
- Students should arrive to lessons prepared with all the necessary books, notebooks, flashcards and folders.
- Parents are encouraged to sit in on the lessons if they wish.
- Parents should encourage students to practice daily and follow the assignment book.
- Please do not hesitate to call or email me with questions that may arise during the week.
- Performing for others is important for a student’s growth and all students are encouraged to participate in studio recitals and concerts throughout the year.
Payment of Fees
- Payment is due by the 10th of each month. You may pay cash or check in person at the first lesson of the month, or mail your check to my home address.
- Payments received after the 10th of each month will be subject to a late fee of $5.
- Invoices are emailed out the last week of each month. Refunds are offered for lessons cancelled at that time, in advance of the month.
- Lessons cancelled after that point will be offered a make up if the schedule permits.
- Lessons cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will not be eligible for a make up.
- In case of inclement weather, please be in contact with me to hear about cancellations. I do not follow the public school’s cancellation schedule, and will instead handle these on a case-by-case basis.
- Books will be added to the following month’s invoice.
- Please use the front door and wait in the foyer util it is time for your lesson; there is no need to knock.
- Parents may sit in the piano room during the lesson, or wait in the foyer.
- Young children may not be left unattended in the foyer.
Acoustic Piano Information
- A piano should be tuned after the change of each season.
- Patrick Presnell is a highly recommend piano tuner and can be reached at email@example.com
- For those of you looking to upgrade an older piano or purchase a new piano, I highly recommend Rick Jones Pianos in Beltsville, MD. Website: www.rickjonespianos.com